You may hear the phrases “business professional” and “business casual” to describe clothing that is appropriate for interviews.
The main difference is the use of a two-piece suit for business professional attire.
Once you know where you are interviewing, consider asking for advice about what clothes might be most appropriate. Drop by the Piper Center. We can help you.
Whether you’re dressed in business professional or business casual, think twice about wearing clothing that might distract you or the interviewer:
- Clothing that is uncomfortable or that restricts your movement
- Clothing that is wrinkled, worn, or torn
- Clothing that overly exposes parts of your body (clothing that is see through or sheer)
- Clothing with patterns or jewelry that is large or distracting
- Strong-smelling fragrances that may distract or trigger an allergic reaction