How do you make sure that you know where the interview is taking place?
Gather all of the information that you will need to attend the appointment
- Place (street address and location of the interview — floor and room number)
- Time of the interview
- Phone number to call in case of unexpected delays
- Name of the interviewer
Double check the information. If you are unsure about anything, call the organization to confirm
- Leave yourself extra time if you are traveling by car or public transportation
- Arrive at the interview early — but no more than 15 minutes before the appointment
— Arriving early gives you time to relax and to feel more confident
- Introduce yourself to the receptionist or to another person to the let the organization know that you’ve arrived
- Treat everyone in the office with respect and courtesy
— The interviewer may ask the receptionist about your level of courtesy and respect!
- If your throat is dry, you may ask for a glass of water
- You may also ask to use the restroom