Marketing, Advertising, and Digital Design
- To provide opportunities for students who have an interest in careers within creative fields to learn about the fundamentals of Marketing, Advertising, and Digital Design.
- To develop an effective and impactful experiential learning opportunity for students.
- To create opportunities for students to apply newly learned skills to real marketing projects that will have an impact on a local non profit organization, or an office on campus.
- To lay the foundation needed for future marketing professionals to find resources and “learn how to learn” the technical/software skills and experience that their future careers will need
- To create a space where students can explore how to put their liberal arts education to use in a real world setting.
- With the objective of gaining exposure to the marketing and advertising world in mind, there will also be at least one off-campus visit to an agency in the Minneapolis/St. Paul. Students will get to see the work environment, talk to marketing professionals about their career paths, and hopefully get a better sense of what it takes to pursue a professional future in these creative fields.
- Junior or senior with a strong academic record (exceptional sophomores may be considered)
- Any academic discipline is welcome, although Studio Art majors, Management or Film/Media Studies concentrators may be particularly well aligned for the opportunity
- Strong interest in the subject matter
- Able to effectively work as part of a team
- Relevant experience in the arts, graphic design, photography, and/or marketing
Unpaid. Preference will be given to students who are willing to apply for academic internship credit through the Piper Center.
*Students are not eligible to apply for internship funding for this particular internship opportunity through the Piper Center
- Cover letter which includes a personal statement about why you are interested in this internship, including the name and contact information of a professor who is willing to serve as a reference
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview required
Deadline: Sunday, October 24st, 2021