The Pre-Professional Finance Fast-Track Opportunity is designed to provide incoming students with the opportunity to access an accelerated course progression in order to prepare them for certain competitive careers in finance. Accepted students will take recommended accounting and finance courses in their first two years at St. Olaf. Students participating in this opportunity must eventually choose an economics major with a finance emphasis. (Adding a second major or concentration or withdrawing from the opportunity is permitted.)
Finance employers are increasingly engaging with students in their sophomore year. Many major finance firms are hiring for post-junior year summer internships beginning in the spring semester of the sophomore year. The Finance Fast-Track, in addition to academic advising and intentional coaching in the Piper Center for Vocation and Career, enables students to be competitive for these opportunities by providing them with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
The Piper Center for Vocation and Career has developed a four-year co-curricular outline that provides suggested co-curricular activities for students with career interests in finance.
Other Relevant Piper Center Programs
- On-campus Recruiting | Fall Recruiting Showcase
- Ole Biz
- MN Private Colleges’ Job and Internship Fair
- New York City Connections (finance)
- Chicago Connections (finance/consulting)
- Finance 101: Career Exploration for Finance and Banking
- Pillars of Wall Street: Financial Modeling and Valuation Workshop, including advanced Excel training