The Fall Recruiting Showcase is an essential preparation event for the on-campus recruiting program and the fall recruiting fair. The event is designed to help you learn about opportunities and make connections with key employers in a casual, low-stakes format. It is intended for all interest levels, so even if you aren’t sure whether a career in business is for you, this is a great way to learn more directly from employers.
Approximately a week in advance, students will be able to browse employer “pitches” (2-3 minutes in length) to identify employers with whom they’d like to connect. In the pitches, representatives will touch upon company culture, what they look for in candidates, jobs and internships they have available, and other interesting details about their company. During the virtual event, students will be able to text and video chat with alumni and recruiting representatives to foster deeper connections and learn about the application and interview process for the various opportunities.
Virtual Event Details
When: Monday, September 21, 2020 | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Students will view employer pitches, text and video chat virtually with alumni and recruiting contacts via Brazen (the same technology that will be used for the Fall Recruiting Fair).
Who: First years, sophomores, juniors and seniors interested in learning about and making connections with our top business employers. St. Olaf and Carleton students are invited.
Student Registration: Registration for the Fall Recruiting Showcase is required. Students will also need to create a profile on Brazen, and upload a resume.
RECRUITING SHOWCASE and FAll Recruiting fair PREP SESSIONs (Virtual, LINKS TO REGISTER BELOW)
Attend a Prep Session to hear an overview of both the Fall Showcase and the Fall Recruiting Fair – how to prepare, and tips for getting the most out of the events.
- Missed a Prep Session? Listen to the recording HERE.
How to Prepare
- Attend a prep session!
- Review the participating employer pitches prior to the event and do some initial research on each company before attending. Each employer has a limited amount of time so the more research you can do in advance, the easier it will be to identify employers with which you wish to connect. Give some thought to questions that you plan to ask the employers. Take notes and follow-up with the employers on any questions afterward. This is a connections-oriented event, so note that all formal applications for internships or jobs need to be submitted via Handshake.
- Ensure your Brazen profile is complete, and upload a resume for employer participants to view.
For more information, contact Bryan Shealer (shealer) or Kirsten Cahoon (cahoon) in the Piper Center.
Meet with a Career Ambassador
Career Ambassadors are specialized peer advisors who are able to help you prepare for the event, as well as other questions related to On-Campus Recruiting. Their hours will be posted here at the end of August.
2020 Participating Employers:
- Allianz Life
- Andersen Corporation
- Analysis Group
- Brattle Group
- Boom Lab
- Deloitte (Advisory)
- Fast Enterprises
- Gap Inc.
- INROADS (Summer Internships, Multiple Employers)
- JPMorgan (Private Banking)
- Optum (Consulting Development Program)
- Ovative Group
- RBC Wealth Management
- SPS Commerce
- UnitedHealth Group (Corporate Development)
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Whitecap Health Advisors