We encourage alumni, parents and friends of St. Olaf to consider both projects in which students can help address one or more of your organization’s needs AND career exposure opportunities in which students can explore an industry and learn about your organization’s culture, work environment, etc.
St. Olaf students are quick learners with strong research, analytical and communications skills. Projects should be based on the particular needs of your business or organization. Examples of potential projects include:
- Research a topic and present to one or more team members
- Analyze data and/or create data visualizations
- Plan an event, workshop, etc.
- Draft reports or proposals
- Develop communications content (e.g., website, article/blog, slideshow, etc.)
- Manage social media
- Interview clients or other stakeholders and summarize findings
- User experience testing
- Develop a marketing proposal
Potential Career Exploration Opportunities:
- Conduct informational interviews with co-workers
- Attend and observe meetings (e.g., organizational/departmental meetings, client meetings, professional development seminars, etc.)
- Research industry trends
- Opportunities for students to talk about what they are learning and experiencing