Interviewers ask questions in order to
- Figure out whether you would be a good fit with the organization
- Find out whether you are really interested in the position or program
- Confirm that you are as qualified as your resume and cover letter suggest
Explore the kinds of questions interviewers ask — and the questions you may want to ask interviewers:
- How might you respond to the question, “Tell me about yourself?”
- What general questions might an interviewer ask?
- What are behavioral questions?
- What are questions about negative experiences or weaknesses?
- What questions might you ask an interviewer?
- When may you ask about salary and benefits?
- What are illegal questions and tactful responses?
When you are done, return to
- Preparation: how do I get ready for my interview? to make sure that have the information you need
- Practice: how do I practice before my interview? to come up with good answers to questions.