Payroll – Students

Student Resources

Please see the Policies and Procedures and Forms for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions
New to student employment

Payroll Schedules
2020– 2021
Student Pay ScheduleGoogle Calendar


Logging your hours:
Online Time Entry System (TES)
Time Entry System
Time Entry System Instructions

Please ensure you are entering your time as you work. Timecards are due midnight Sunday following the end of the pay period. This will allow time for your supervisor to approve the timecard by Monday at noon the week of the pay date.

Reminder: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) allows an employer to round employee time. In and out times can be rounded to the nearest five minute increment. Example: If you arrive at 8:01 or 8:02 you may enter your start time at 8:00, if you are leaving at 5:03 or 5:04 you may clock out at 5:05. Any questions may be directed to the Payroll Office.
Deliberate falsification of an employee timesheet is considered misconduct and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action.


International Students Information for Payroll
Glacier – Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance System
Setting up your Glacier account
What is going to be taxed?
Tax Withholding – (See Information Regarding the Withholding of Tax on Non-Resident Alien section)
Employment On-Campus


Pay Statement
You can view your pay stub through Student Information System (SIS) by going to Financials and then Pay Stubs in the menu. You are always able to stop by the Payroll Office to request a copy of a pay stub.

W-2 Forms
Your W-2 can be accessed through Document Self-Service once you are notified of their availability, instructions below.
Opt-In instructions to View
Viewing Your W-2


Tax Information:
Claiming Exempt from income tax withholding on your form W-4
The Payroll Office cannot advise you on what to claim for your income tax withholding. Please review the following instructions if you elect to claim exempt on your IRS and Minnesota form W-4.
Exempt from income tax withholding instructions

Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Student Work (academic and summer)
The State of Minnesota considers work performed as a student employee as “Non-covered employment” and is not eligible to be included in any claim for unemployment benefits. For more information, see

FICA Exemption
In order to be eligible for the FICA Exemption, a student must be enrolled and regularly attending classes in at least half time of credits for that semester. The employee-employer relationship must be primarily educational. If a student is registered for the following semester, the student will be eligible for the FICA exemption if the break is less than five weeks. If a student works during a school break of more than five weeks, the student will not be eligible for a FICA exemption if the student is not attending classes during the break. This information can be found on the IRS Revenue Procedure 2005-11, page 14