Information about Norway
- Dette er Norge (2014 Norwegian-language edition). Excellent compilation of facts and figures about Norway. Published by Statistics Norway (SSB)
- Minifacts about Norway (2015 edition): presents key information about Norway (also available in other languages)
Indexes and Search Engines
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Lexin: Ordbøker for innvandrere
- Bokmålsordboka og Nynorskordboka
- Audio Dictionary
- Store norske leksikon
- Grammar checker
Norwegian Language Learning Resources (free)
- Norwegian on the web (NOW): web-based beginning course from NTNU, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Sett i gang web portal. Free web exercises and audio to accompany Sett i gang beginning Norwegian textbook.
- Exploring Norwegian Grammar. Interactive grammar exercises published by CappelenDamm, related to the book of the same title.
- Norsk grammatikk for internasjonale studenter, University of Oslo
- Norsk grammatikk: Cappelen/Damm
- Praktisk norsk I og II: Nettsteder with supplemental exercises
- Norsk nettskole: grammatikk
- Computer-Assisted Listening and Speaking Tutor (CALST) (includes vocabulary and pronunciation practice). From NTNU, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Interaktiv: Norsk som andre språk (VOX)
- One-Minute Norwegian (Radio Lingua network)
- Norwegian Language Info
- Norskklassen: Norwegian on the net
- Intro: Norwegian Culture (Cappelen)
- På vei. Interactive Exercises. (Beginning textbook, published by Cappelen Damm)
- Stein på stein. Interactive Exercises. (Intermediate textbook, published by Cappelen Damm)
- MedVoice: Norwegian Course for Medical Students (interactive courses created by the University of Oslo department of linguistics)
- TellRight: Norwegian Course for Nurses (developed through the EU)
Schools, On-Line Courses, and Programs
- Concordia Language Villages
- Oslo International Summer School
- Universitetet i Bergen Sommerkurs
- Norwords (Sett i gang website)
- Distance Learning Course through the University of North Dakota.
- Transparent Language
- Norwegian Language Services: Translation, language instruction, academic editing
- Migranorsk web-based course from Norway
- Fagbokforlaget on-line course
Resources for Language Teachers
- ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines
- European Language Levels-Self-assessment grid
- University of Texas language teaching methods class
- Effective Language Learning (various information on language learning, language families, relative difficulty of learning, etc.)
- Videos from CARLA, at the University of Minnesota, on developing materials for less commonly taught languages
- Digitalarkivet: Digital Archives is a public service from the National Archives of Norway. You can search in transcribed source material, such as census reports and church records for free.
- DIS-Norge (DIS-Norway) Norwegian Genealogy Association. A membership organization (NOK 400/year), but some resources are available to non-members.