Scandinavian Studies Graduate Programs
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Offers both an MA and a PhD in Scandinavian Studies. Housed in the Department of German, Nordic, and Slavic.
- University of Minnesota
- Offers a PhD in Germanic Studies (including Nordic countries), with the option of pursuing an emphasis in Scandinavian Studies (MA). Housed in the Department of German, Scandinavian, and Dutch.
- University of Washington-Seattle
- Offers both an MA and a PhD in Scandinavian Studies. Housed in the Department of Scandinavian Studies.
- University of California-Berkeley
- Offers a dual MA/PhD in Scandinavian. Applicants who already hold an MA in Scandinavian are invited to apply and their time in the program will be shorter. They do not accept applications for an MA only. Housed in the Department of Scandinavian.
- University of California-Los Angeles
- Offers an MA in Scandinavian and a PhD in Germanic Languages and Literatures with a Scandinavian emphasis. Housed within the Scandinavian Section.
- University of Oslo
- Offers several MA programs taught in English: Ibsen Studies, Viking and Medieval Norse Studies, and Viking and Medieval Studies. Housed in the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies.
- University of Bergen
- University of Stavanger
- Offers an MA taught in English: Nordic Master Programme in Social Work and Welfare.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Offers several MA programs taught in English, primarily in the fields of science and technology.
- University of Tromsø (The Arctic University of Norway)
- University of Agder
- Offers several MA programs taught in English.